Sunday, November 15, 2009

Mega pain in my ass

Damn you MEGAVIDEO for your well curated archives of excellent quality videos. You tantalise me with HD versions of practically every episode of virtually any show in the world that stream at incredibly high speeds. I'm all lured in and then you slap a big fat restriction on viewing time? Why so mean? Ok, I get why. It's so I'll upgrade to having to pay for MEGAVIDEO and getting unlimited access. And my GOD it's tempting sometimes. Like when you're just getting into an episode and all of a sudden you're locked out. Or when you're *this* close to the end but that final 5mins pushes you over the limit. It is SO tempting not to wait 54 minutes, to hit that 'Premium' button and continue watching. But lucky for me I don't have a credit card, so even on those days when my tv addiction causes me to act recklessly I physically can't buy a subscription. Thank goodness for that. Cos quite beyond the fact that I can barely afford bus fare after paying for credit and internet (damn no-broadband-Naas forcing me to buy USB stick web access), the only time I get any work done at all is when MEGAVID forces me to stop watching. Without the limitation I would turn into a freakish mole, spending all my time in bed watching seasons and seasons of ever more awesome shows. (I know I'm not far off but right now I think I still count as normal)

Time for me to go do something life affirming. I still have another 40something minutes to use up...

No comments:

Post a Comment